How to create Reindeer food at home
Season’s greetings to all our Magic makers across the globe! Whether you're cozying up by the fire as snowflakes dance outside your window, or you're enjoying the balmy breezes of a summer evening, the holiday season is a time of wonder and celebration.
And what's a celebration without a touch of enchantment? This holiday season, we're letting you in on a delightful secret—one that sparkles just as brightly in the summer's heat as it does in the winter's chill. It's a long standing festive tradition, sure to spark joy and anticipation in children - Magical Reindeer Food - a sprinkle of holiday cheer that will guide Santa's sleigh and his reindeer to your home.
Magical Reindeer Food Recipe
- 1 cup of oats (the reindeer's favourite!) or use Rice (Poha) flakes for a Gluten free option, that you can find at your local Indian grocer.
- 1/4 cup of dried or fresh festive flowers or herbs picked from your local area
- 1/4 cup of bio glitter festive sprinkles (for that extra Christmas magic)
- A pinch of cinnamon (for a scent that reindeer can't resist)
- 1 x grated Carrot
- Print out of the enchanted words to recite.
- If you like, grate your carrot and leave it spread on a plate in the sunshine to dry out.
- In a large mixing bowl, have your little helpers combine the oats and cinnamon. This mixture will give the reindeer the energy they need for their long journey.
- Add in the carrot, flowers or herbs to the bowl. The Reindeer love munching these and the smell will entice the reindeer.
- Now for the most magical part: Stir in the bio glitter. Our Reindeer Dust, Christmas tree and Candy Cane Glitter, works perfect for this. This is the secret ingredient that makes the food work – it sparkles under the starry sky, guiding the reindeer to where they need to go.
- Once everything is mixed, read aloud the enchanted words.
- Sprinkle the reindeer food outside on Christmas Eve. You can even make a wish for each handful you scatter.
Note: Ensure all ingredients are wildlife-friendly and safe for outdoor use. Only use Bio Glitter® this is the only glitter that is certified home compostable and safe for waterways and animal consumption.
This recipe is perfect for a great family activity during the holidays. You can make this in advance, especially if you are drying out the carrot as this can take time. You can make it into a bowl or if you have one of our reindeer bags you can make it ahead of time and pop it in the cotton bag.
This is a great additional to our "Call the Reindeer Potion"
Happy Reindeer food making!
Image from November 2023